What Are Reiki Shares And How To Start One
Reiki Shares now have grown in popularity in the holistic and healing world over the last several years. Reiki Shares have several benefits including:
Enabling Reiki Practitioners to practice on one another, to help to develop their skills and may be particularly helpful to individuals who have just been through their initial training and who may be a bit nervous to begin with.
Enabling Reiki practitioners to receive healing themselves as sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the treatment of others that we can fail to look after ourselves.
Being a beautiful way to connect and create a healing environment with friends and other practitioners. Following a Reiki share I always experience a feelings of peace, calm and happiness and have has more energy than before.
Not just being confined to the group itself but by joining our energies and incorporating distance healing into the share you can send healing energy to individuals who cannot be physically there, a good cause or current social issue such as a natural disaster. Collective consciousness is powerful, and when multiple people direct their energies toward one focus or goal, the results can be far reaching..
So how do you start a Reiki Share of your own.
- Choose a date, time and appropriate space. for the practitioners. Send a reminder and ask for RSVPs,. You can use a social media platform such as meet up to help with the process. Ensure that you have requested enough tables.
- Select an appropriate soundtrack to be played during the share this helps to deepen the energetic connection to the group.
- Just prior to the share ensure that the room is warm and that there are enough tables, chairs and blankets.
- Let the participants know the format you’ve chosen for administering healing touch (this depends on the number of in-person participants and recipients. I normally work on approximately twelve people in number and you have six giving the Reiki and six receiving. If more people attend you they can assist in the giving through one starting with the head and working down the body and the other starting at the feet and working up the body. Also ensure that anyone new to Reiki can indicate to you if they need assistance with hand positions etc.
- If you’ve selected music, begin playing it.
- Follow your personal protocol for accessing Reiki energy, if you have one.
- Provide the Reiki treatment, keeping an eye on the time after 30 minutes change positions so that the person who was initially giving Reiki changes places and becomes the receiver.
- When finished, close out the Reiki Share by thanking all the participants, releasing their energy and closing the circle. This is also a nice time to socialise, and perhaps share in food and refreshment.
If you would like more information on Reiki then visit our therapy page by clicking here
If you would like to find out more about Reiki Shares or how to set them up please contact us at email@example.com